Help for ALLSTAT Archives

ALLSTAT Archives

allstat@jiscmail.ac.uk

ALLSTAT Home

ALLSTAT  May 2008

ALLSTAT May 2008

Job: Statistics Application Developer/software developer

Sarah Brunnen <[log in to unmask]>

Sarah Brunnen <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 23 May 2008 15:19:42 +0100

Hi all

Are you a software developer looking to get into the pharmaceutical industry?

This is a rare opportunity for a BioStatistics Application Manager to join a blue chip pharmaceutical company based in Hertfordshire.  Previous pharmaceutical experience not essential.

This is a company that values individuals and will take an active part in your self development and training.  Working for the largest Biotech company in the world you will receive excellent benefits.  Modern work place; includes onsite gym and subsidised canteen.

In this role you will:
- Provide statistical software and software development and documentation support to Biomathematics and Biostatistics groups within the Department of Methodology and Innovation on site and at remote sites.
- Develop and maintain Biostatistics and Biomathematics Computing Environment (BCE) tools and requirements with the local and global user community.
-  Liaise with statisticians and statistical programmers working on early and/or development stage projects and participate in the planning, development, validation, documentation and maintenance of generic tools (across-project programs).
-  Provide technical support in usage of Statistical Programming and/or safety tools.
-  Give advice and provide training on SAS and other software usage and support users in problem solving.
- Provide input to SOP development and ensure compliance with SOPs and overall company standards

Minimum Requirements:
-  University education or equivalent with major emphasis on numerate discipline
- Expert knowledge of SAS with UNIX and PC experience
- Significant experience working in industry
-  Fluent in the English language
-  Clear communication style
-  Ability to work in a global team
-  International travel will be required in this role (4 times a year)

Desired:
-  Experience supporting a global user community
- Experience as a trainer
-  Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Substantial experience of application development and clinical trial reporting
-  Labs/Safety reporting experience

 About CK Clinical -

CK Clinical is a privately owned recruitment company, formed in 2004 to provide a professional and efficient recruitment service to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and contract research industries.
Since our formation we have enjoyed sustained growth and are a proven, established and valued recruitment partner in our chosen sectors. CK Clinical are preferred supplier to the top 5 global organisations within our sector as well as having agreements in place with smaller, more niche organisations too.

We know finding a new job can be a rather daunting process, whether you are an expert in your field or a new graduate ,CK Clinical are here to help you at every step of the process.  We can offer expert advice on CV writing, interview tips and techniques, or simply just help you gather all the information you may need.  We aim to put you first, be supportive and make finding your ideal job a pleasurable experience.

- Application details -

For further details, please contact Sarah Brunnen on 01438 743047 or [log in to unmask]  If this vacancy is not exactly what you are looking for why not give us a call, we may be dealing with a vacancy better suited to your needs.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Sarah

Sarah Brunnen
Biometrics Consultant

CK Clinical Limited
9 High Street
Stevenage Old Town
Hertfordshire
SG1 3BG

Direct Dial: 0845 034 3085
Tel: 01438 743047
Fax: 01438 723800

CONFIDENTIAL
The information contained in this email and any attachment is confidential.
It is intended only for the named addressee(s). If you are not the named addressee, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose, copy or
distribute the contents to any person other than the intended addressee(s).