Re: copyright licensing and museums

electronic museum <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 19 Apr 2008 15:56:31 +0100

text/plain

* sigh *

Annnnnyway... back to my original question: any museums out there willing to
give it a go by actively promoting their images rather than hiding them, and
then writing a report on the impact? It'd be good Museums and the Web
material :-)

re. Jennifer's point - or was it Jessica ;-) - no, of course museum images
aren't equal but how about this as a model: take 20 images that have made
roughly the same amount of money over the past X years, randomly divide into
two groups and then lock one group down while actively encouraging
borrowing, stealing, linking, embedding etc of the other. Come back in 6
months time and do a report on which has done better, both financially and
from a viral/coverage/marketing point of view.

Simple bear with simple brain, that's me

bye

Mike