Re: Remote/e inductions

"OSBORN, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>

OSBORN, Richard

Sat, 26 Apr 2008 13:09:50 +0100

Apologies for coming to this discussion late in the day ... but just wanted to confirm that the fire safety e-learning package and other Core Learning Unit programmes are available for FREE to all NHS staff for the next 3 years.  Trusts do not have to pay for access.

Further details available at: http://nhsclu.intuition.com/

Best wishes
Richard

Richard Osborn
Strategic Library Services Development Manager
London Deanery

Tel: 020 7863 1682
Mobile: 07803 756088
Email: [log in to unmask]

________________________________

From: UK medical/ health care library community / information workers on behalf of Catherine Ebenezer
Sent: Wed 16/04/2008 18:13
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Remote/e inductions

Comments from our trust e-learning co-ordinator:

"As regards fire training - this is available via e-learning through the NHS but you have to pay for it.  The SHA have paid for this for our Trust but our fire officers do not like us using it as DOH fire guidance suggests that e-learning should only be used if staff can't be released - my opinion is that our staff can't be released but they won't budge on it.  The only concession they will make is for admin staff and they can do e-learning every two years with face to face in between but unfortunately due to our infrastructure they can't access the NHS one as it has too many graphics!!!  You can't win!"

Regards

Catherine

Catherine Ebenezer
Library and Information Services Manager
Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Trust
Flatts Lane Centre
Flatts Lane
Normanby