Help for BSRG Archives

BSRG Archives

BSRG@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

BSRG Home

BSRG  April 2008

BSRG April 2008

IAS Regional Meeting 2008, invitation to contribute to "tsunami and storm deposits"

Heinrich Bahlburg <[log in to unmask]>

British Sedimentological Research Group mailing list <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 4 Apr 2008 09:20:21 +0100

Dear colleagues,

we invite you to attend the 26th International Association of
Sedimentologists (IAS) Regional Meeting to be held in Bochum, Germany,
September 1-3, 2008, and submit an abstract to the session “Sedimentology of
tsunami, storm, and hurricane deposits” (T2c).

The recognition of diagnostic features of onshore and offshore tsunami
deposits, and their distinction from storm and hurricane deposits remains
one of the unresolved issues of process sedimentology. This session aims to
bring together students of modern and ancient tsunami, storm, and hurricane
deposits in an attempt to elucidate both unique and common characteristics
and depositional processes. We solicit contributions on field based,
laboratory and numerical research on any sedimentological aspect of tsunami,
storm, and hurricane deposits.

conveners: Heinrich Bahlburg, Geologisch-Paläontologisches institut,
Universität Münster, Germany, and
Joachim Szulc, Institute of Geological Sciences, Jagiellonian University,
Krakow, Poland
Contact convener: Heinrich Bahlburg

Please find details on this conference at http://www.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/ias2008/

Yours sincerely,