The LSE Colombian Society warmly invites you to its upcoming events; the
6th Annual International Conference, which will take place on Friday, March
7, and to a public lecture organized by the Cities Programme by Mr. Enrique
Penalosa that will take place on Wednesday, March 12, both at the London
School of Economics.
1. 6th Annual International Conference
THE COCAINE CURSE:
COLOMBIA'S WAR WITH NO END?
Friday, March 7 - London School of Economics
10-12 am - Hong Kong Theatre - Roots and Development of the Colombian Drug
* Mr. Rafael Pardo - Former Defense Minister, Senator for the
Liberal Party and Historian
* Dr. Francisco Thoumi - Professor at the Universidad del
Rosario and author of Illegal Drugs, Economy and Society in the Andes
2:30-4 pm - D502 - Seminar with Rafael Pardo on his book, La Historia de
4-6pm - New Theatre - Keep up the fight? Perspectives for the future
* Sir Keith Morris - Former Ambassador of the UK to Colombia
* Mr. Adam Isacson - Director of the Colombia Programme at
the Centre for International Policy in Washington DC.
6-7pm - Drinks Reception with the speakers
2. Lecture by Mr. Enrique Penalosa
Equity and Urbanism
Enrique Peñalosa, Mayor of Bogotá 1998-2001, describes how to create social
and environmental sustainability for developing country cities.
Wednesday 12 March 2008
D602, 6th Floor, Clement House
We hope you will be able to join us for these two events.
LSE Colombian Society
Please access the attached hyperlink for an important electronic