New LGPS rules & Stakeholder Pension

Ken Burrell <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 13 Mar 2008 11:58:19 +0000

Hi,

We had a meeting with an LPFA representive recently and were told that
under the new LGPS rules, effective April 2008, we have to offer a stake
holder pension for new employees with a contract of less than three months.
This is because these people would not be eligible for the LGPS, and by law
they must be offered a stake holder arrangement.

Does anyone else have the same problem or any advice or how we would set
this up?

Many Thanks

Ken Burrell
University of the Arts