WANTED - GEM SCOTLAND CONVENORS

Christine McLean <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 1 Feb 2008 08:47:34 +0000

GEM Scotland is seeking a Convenor or Convenors to succeed Christine
McLean and Kirsty Kennedy.

We have been Joint Convenors of GEMS since 2004 and in that time we have:

•	Organised 8 Area Networking events or training days
•	Delivered 2 National Training Days:
o	Child Protection at the National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh
o	‘Should ALL museums be family friendly?’ at Kelvingrove Art
Gallery & Museum, Glasgow
•	Actively participated in, supported and advised on the SMC/GEM
Grass Roots project
•	Launched the first GEM Scotland Strategy (and second GEM UK
Strategy) for our members
•	Participated in GEM discussions on Workforce Development
•	Represented GEMS members on the Heritage Education Officers’ Group
(now Heritage Education Forum)
•	Worked with the Scottish Museums Council, engage Scotland and the
Visual Arts & Galleries Association (VAGA) to consider and plan the
training needs of all our members across Scotland

We will be sending out formal notices to all our members, calling for
volunteers to help take forward this work at an exciting, key stage in
training and networking provision.

If you are interested and want to find out more, please contact either
Christine McLean (tel 0131 247 4199; email: [log in to unmask]) or Kirsty
Kennedy (tel 01595 695057; email: [log in to unmask])

Deadline for submissions: Monday 18 February 2008