Help for LIS-LINK Archives

LIS-LINK Archives

LIS-LINK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-LINK Home

LIS-LINK  January 2008

LIS-LINK January 2008

Library Leaflets and Guides in HE libraries - reviews and evaluation

Rachel Gick <[log in to unmask]>

Rachel Gick <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 3 Jan 2008 15:02:24 +0000

Hello,

I am evaluating our guides here at Keele Univ. Library.  I am interested in
both print and online versions.  I tracked down the report of a similar
exercise at Lancaster University and was sent a copy of the report by a
member of staff there, which has been really helpful. I've also read about
the 'Get the Knowledge' induction project at MMU for which a new
introductory guide was produced. By the term 'leaflet/guide' I mean any type
of pamphlet (rather than flyer, for the moment) that provides information
concerning library services, literature searching and specific databases or
collections.

In summary - *all within the HE setting*

(1) How many leaflets/guides does the library currently produce/maintain?

(*ditto*) - I'd also be very interested to know if anyone has:

(2) Evaluated their leaflets/guides (e.g. guide to services, resources,
'getting started') - if so, did you consult users?

(3) Introduced new guides/leaflets - if so, did you consult users?

With thanks in advance.

Kind regards and Happy New Year. I'd be happy to provide a summary of

Dr Rachel Gick
Liaison Librarian (Health)
University Library
Keele University