MATURE-LEARNING  January 2008

MATURE-LEARNING January 2008

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

FW: Institute of Gerontology David Hobman Memorial Lecture 28 Jan 08 6pm

Helene Pursey <[log in to unmask]>

Discussion of mature learning for leisure, health, or work

Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:22:13 -0000

text/plain

Hello Patsy
Brief response but the situation you describe is not unfamiliar and was
precisely what happened to my mother-in-law although in her case it
meant her moving, the sad thing was that she never worked out where
anything was in the new "home". The staff were unhappy when she did not
conform to their idea of behaviour ie that you get up at a certain time
and had to be persuaded, by us, that it was appropriate to leave her if
that was what she wanted. Not something that I look forward to at all.
Helene