Help for DC-SOCIAL-TAGGING Archives

DC-SOCIAL-TAGGING Archives

DC-SOCIAL-TAGGING@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DC-SOCIAL-TAGGING Home

DC-SOCIAL-TAGGING  December 2007

DC-SOCIAL-TAGGING December 2007

Yahoo! Pipes demo - Vocabulary based dynamic content

Ganesh Yanamandra <[log in to unmask]>

DCMI Social Tagging Community <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 19 Dec 2007 05:49:19 +0000

Hi,

Sharing a small demo I worked on using Yahoo!pipes to extract dynamic rss-
feeds filtered by a controlled vocabulary.

background : I had to demonstrate the benefits of using controlled
vocabulary to create a personalised web experience, taking the caseof K12
students, i created a small cv which was specific to kids. this cv would
form the filter to this gizmo called pipes -
http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.info?_id=hHiPrtCJ3BGnhXsqxAnzeQ

what do we get is dynamic rss feed news content but relevant to the
patrons.

It worked for the demo. I plan to push this to our portal designers. they
have been working on a lot of standards like JSR-169, WSRP etc.

The idea is that if I enroll/register on the portal as a patron. My
profile is cached and revoked each time i log in. so what do i get.

not only my subscribed content or my personal space but a much richer
content which gets pushed to me and its all relevant news I should know.

any ideas for improvement are welcome.

Happy holidays.
Ganesh