Clinical Biostatistician (Contract or PERM )
Ref: FW 00199
Fforde offers USA Visa Sponsership and re-location
Our client is widely known as the world's most broadly based manufacturer
of health care products and provider of related services for the consumer,
pharmaceutical, medical devices and diagnostics markets. Their commitment
to scientific excellence has led to innovation in drug discovery and
development in areas that encompass novel targets in neurological
disorders and pain, hematology, metabolic and immunologic disorders which
has made them a significant contributor of new products for treating or
JOB ROLE: Clinical Biostatistician is required in New Jersey or Santa
Barbara who will work as a project statistician supporting clinical
trials in various therapeutic areas
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES include:
• Participating in all statistical aspects of clinical study design.
• Reviewing protocols and data collection instruments.
• Supporting case report forms development and data management plan.
• Authoring statistical analysis plans and statistical programming
• Working with SAS programmers to implement the planned analyses,
validating analysis output, performing exploratory analysis and data
quality checks, supporting Data Monitoring Committee activities.
• Interpreting statistical results and providing statistical input to
clinicians and medical writers.
• Representing statistics in cross-functional teams.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• PhD degree in Statistics or related fields.
• Or, Masters degree in statistics with 2 years of experience.
• Good understanding of statistical principles and proficiency with
computers and software packages (e.g. SAS, S-plus, R) are required.
• Knowledge of good clinical data management procedures and experience
in writing analysis plan are a strong plus.
PERSONAL SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Able to work effectively in a team environment.
BENEFITS OF THE ROLE: If you can show a passion for scientific discovery
then our client will give you all the space you need to flourish as a
professional and a human being. They provide a collaborative science-
oriented working environment and seek candidates with the drive and
ambition to make a mark in the world of pharmaceutical research and
development. To enable you to achieve your goals they are offering a
competitive remuneration according to experience and qualifications for
For applications or further information please email your CV to:
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> or
telephone our specialist consultant, Shula George, on +1 212 520 8303 who
will be pleased to advise you on your personal career needs.
Alternatively you may write to us at 2nd Floor, 825 Third Avenue, New
York, NY 10022 or Fax: 212-520-8501
Fforde is a uniquely specialised recruitment agency for the
pharmaceutical, clinical research and biotechnology sectors. We pride
ourselves on a glowing reputation within the industry and a high-quality
personalised service dedicated to intelligent delivery. Explore our
website and see all our job opportunities. www.fforde-management.com
KEY WORDS: Biostatistician, Biostatistics, Project Statistician,
Statistics, Clinical Trials, CNS, Internal Medicine, Clinical Study
Design, CRF Development, Statistical Analysis, SAP, Statistical
Programming, SAS, S-plus, R, Validation, Statistical Reporting, Clinical
Data Management, PhD, Masters