OR MSc Project Co-ordinator
University of Edinburgh, School of Mathematics
We wish to appoint a Project Co-ordinator for the OR MSc in Edinburgh
University. There are 44 students on the MSc this year, each of which
will do a project for 3 months over the summer. The main responsibilities
of the Project Co-ordinator will be:
* Source a balanced portfolio of projects from external partners.
Maintain and extend the School's contacts with current and potential
* Allocate projects to students taking into account student preferences
* Supervise and mark some internal and external projects and
co-ordinate support for all students during their projects.
* Act as Examination Officer and provide administrative support for
the MSc examination process.
* Help with the teaching of the OR MSc and support visiting lecturers.
The starting salary will be in the range of 27466-32796 pounds. This
post is offered on a 12 months fixed full time term contract, but part
time options will be considered.
Further details are at
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Professor Ken McKinnon;
tel +44 (0)131 650 5042; email [log in to unmask]
The closing date for receipt of applications is 10th December 2007.