Help for ADMIN-EO Archives

ADMIN-EO Archives

ADMIN-EO@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ADMIN-EO Home

ADMIN-EO  November 2007

ADMIN-EO November 2007

Re: Postgraduate and over 25's accommodation

H Murdoch <[log in to unmask]>

HE Administrators equal opportunities list <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 14 Nov 2007 10:35:39 -0000

Hi Kirsteen, couldn't it be addressed by calling particular residences
'noise free' (or something a bit snappier that gives the general idea) and
having a code of conduct for those particular residences that is part of the
contract of living in there?  I'm thinking of the rail network that has
introduced quiet carriages.  You don't have to be a certain age to go in
there, but the expected boundaries for behaviour (only using mobiles in the
vestibule areas etc) are laid out before the train sets off.  Obviously,
your code would be different, but it's the same basic principle.  You might
be surprised to find a number of younger people would value living in such
residences too and some skilful marketing would probably help.....

Just a thought,
Best wishes
Helen

Helen Murdoch