WEBPA  October 2007

WEBPA October 2007

Re: WebPA Project

Mon, 1 Oct 2007 13:43:56 +0100

From: WebPA Project [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ross
Gardler
Sent: 01 October 2007 11:58
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: WebPA Project

Hi Steve,

Good to hear you are on board. I look forward to meeting you at some
point
in the future.

> Please do not hesitate to use this list as a way of
> disseminating your findings and experiences or put your
> questions to the community.

Is there any chance of putting an online demo of WebPA for quick
evaluation?
I ask because it makes it much easier to evaluate software and decide
whether to invest the time in creating a local install for potential
use/development. (note I am not actually interested in WebPA, I work for
OSS
Watch and make this suggestion as part of our community development work
-
Nick will tell you all about myself and OSS Watch).

In a similar veign, I really like the fact that you have created a video
on
your home page, however, it is very difficult to actually see the
software.
Have you thought about redoing this video as a screencast? Again I ask
because this is a great way for newcomers to your community to evaluate
the
software. However, in this case, you could create a few screencasts that
form documentation for your project. So for example, a screencast of how
student does peer review is useful for new student users.

Ross