PERMIS-USERS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

PERMIS-USERS Home

PERMIS-USERS  October 2007

PERMIS-USERS October 2007

ACE Format

Marc Stoecklin <[log in to unmask]>

For users/administrators of the PERMIS authorisation software <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 22 Oct 2007 11:01:24 +0200

Dear list,

I successfully installed and setup PERMIS in a testing environment
(Ubuntu Linux, Java SE RE 1.6.0_03).  I created a new AC for a user and
exported it as a file (.ace).  The ultimate goal is to test whether the
AC can be saved on a smart card.

However, I struggle to see the contents (-text) of the .ace file with
openssl.  I also tried to inspect the sample AC (1/user0.ace) provided
in the testing application:

<---
$ openssl x509 -inform der -noout -text -in user0.ace

unable to load certificate
6758:error:0D0680A8:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_CHECK_TLEN:wrong
tag:tasn_dec.c:1294:
6758:error:0D06C03A:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_D2I_EX_PRIMITIVE:nested
asn1 error:tasn_dec.c:830:
6758:error:0D08303A:asn1 encoding
routines:ASN1_TEMPLATE_NOEXP_D2I:nested asn1
error:tasn_dec.c:749:Field=algorithm, Type=X509_ALGOR
6758:error:0D08303A:asn1 encoding
routines:ASN1_TEMPLATE_NOEXP_D2I:nested asn1
error:tasn_dec.c:749:Field=signature, Type=X509_CINF
6758:error:0D08303A:asn1 encoding
routines:ASN1_TEMPLATE_NOEXP_D2I:nested asn1
error:tasn_dec.c:749:Field=cert_info, Type=X509
--->

Importing the .ace file on the smart card is not possible either as the
software (AuthentIC Manager from Oberthur) does expect .cer, .crt, or
.p7c files (renaming .ace to .cer does not work ...).

What am I doing wrong here?  Is there a way to convert the .ace file
into a .cer file so as to import the latter to the smart card?

Thanks in advance,
Marc Stoecklin.