Re: Problem with MaxMove?

Rik Henson <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 25 Oct 2007 12:06:54 +0100

text/plain

Jukka -

Please forgive our slowness, but could you confirm that the following
two stages would achieve our desired goal of 1) compensating for
movement within each of two blocks, and then 2) transforming each block
to the same space:

Step 1 (apply SSS and movement compensation):

/neuro/bin/util/maxfilter \
-f ./raw_block1.fif \ -o ./raw_block1_sss.fif \
-ctc /neuro/databases/ctc/ct_sparse.fif \ -cal
/neuro/databases/sss/sss_cal.dat \
-autobad off \
-movecomp -hpistep 200 -hpisubt amp -hp ./raw_block1_hpi.pos

/neuro/bin/util/maxfilter \
-f ./raw_block2.fif \ -o ./raw_block2_sss.fif \
-ctc /neuro/databases/ctc/ct_sparse.fif \ -cal
/neuro/databases/sss/sss_cal.dat \
-autobad off \
-movecomp -hpistep 200 -hpisubt amp -hp ./raw_block2_hpi.pos

Step 2 (realign two blocks):

/neuro/bin/util/maxfilter \
-f ./raw_block1_sss.fif \ -o ./raw_block1_sss_trans.fif \
-nosss \
-autobad off \
-frame head -origin 0 0 40 -trans default

/neuro/bin/util/maxfilter \
-f ./raw_block2_sss.fif \ -o ./raw_block2_sss_trans.fif \
-nosss \
-autobad off \
-frame head -origin 0 0 40 -trans default

If these are not correct, please edit the above maxfilter commands to be
correct.

If these are correct, can we finally confirm that if we plotted the
sensor locations in headspace for the two blocks, they would overlap
exactly? In other words, would two different initial head positions be
transformed such that their centres are now identical, and such that the
point [0 0 40] in that common headspace would correspond to [0 0 0] in
device space?

Rik

PS Would it also help generally to put "-frame head -origin 0 0 40" in
the first two maxfilter calls, ie during the SSS computation?

Dr Richard Henson
MRC Cognition & Brain Sciences Unit
15 Chaucer Road
Cambridge