BASA@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

BASA Home

BASA  October 2007

BASA October 2007

FW: Hair

Maxine Miller <[log in to unmask]>

The Black and Asian Studies Association <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 15 Oct 2007 12:34:02 +0100

Hi Liz,

The Iniva library holds several items covering hair - including Sonia
Boyce's Hair: a photo essay; Zarina Bhimji's I will always be here
(which includes an interview with Boyce; and Philippe Pirotte's Beyond
desire which looks at the influence of African culture on western
fashion and vice versa - with a section on hair. Iniva's Meshac Gaba
exhibition (15 Oct 2006) where the artist produced hair sculpture was
accompanied by events focusing on hair. This can be seen on our website
at http://www.iniva.org/exhibitions_projects/2006
We are a Reference Library : if wish to visit as part of your project
research, please ring or mail me as research is by appointment only. We
are open from Tues - Fri (10am to 13.00pm and 14.00pm to 17pm)  (My
contact details are below)

Best,

Maxine

Maxine Miller
Library and Information Manager
0207 7749 1255

Iniva (Institute of International Visual Arts) Rivington Place, London
EC2A 3BA, United Kingdom

General phone +44 (0) 020 7729 9616
www.iniva.org

About Iniva
Iniva creates exhibitions, publications, multimedia, education and
research projects, designed to bring the work of artists from culturally
diverse backgrounds to the attention of the widest possible public.