Help for ARCH-METALS Archives

ARCH-METALS Archives

ARCH-METALS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ARCH-METALS Home

ARCH-METALS  September 2007

ARCH-METALS September 2007

Re: Source of Copper Ore/Casting latten alloys

"Dandridge, Pete" <[log in to unmask]>

Arch-Metals Group <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 4 Sep 2007 13:58:43 -0400

The exhibition catalogue, Lions, Dragons, and Other Beasts: Aquamanilia
of the Middle Ages, Vessels for Church and Table, ed. Peter Barnet and
Pete Dandridge, Exh. cat. New York and New Haven: Bard Graduate Center
for Studies in the Decorative Arts, Design, and Culture in association
with Yale University Press, 2006, includes a 40 minute DVD of the
replication casting of one of the aquamanilia in the exhibition from the
Metropolitan's collection by Ubaldo Vitali using only those materials
available to the medieval metalworker - the DVD is inserted into the
back leaf of the catalogue.

Pete Dandridge
Conservator
The Sherman Fairchild Center