Help for COMP-FORTRAN-90 Archives

COMP-FORTRAN-90 Archives

COMP-FORTRAN-90@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

COMP-FORTRAN-90 Home

COMP-FORTRAN-90  August 2007

COMP-FORTRAN-90 August 2007

Re: Quick Summary of WG5/J3 London meeting

Toon Moene <[log in to unmask]>

Fortran 90 List <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 12 Aug 2007 19:52:27 +0200

Dan Nagle wrote:

> Many thanks to Ian and Jane for hosting.  They did a great job.
> Thanks to BCS for providing the meeting rooms.
>
> BTW, if you visit London, get an Oyster card before going.
> They're well worth it.  How much money to put on it
> depends on how much you think you'll be using trains and buses
> around town.

Unless, of course, your visit is as well organized as the latest WG5 one.

I (OK, privileged European as I am) took the Eurostar to Waterloo
Station, disembarked and *walked* up to King's College student's lodges.

Subsequently, every morning, I walked up to Southampton Street Nr. 5
(the BCS building) - a 15 minute walk over Waterloo Bridge.  Note that
the above address is within spitting distance of Covent Gardens.

In short, a great visit to London !  Thanks to Jane and Ian !

Kind regards,

--
Toon Moene - e-mail: [log in to unmask] - phone: +31 346 214290
At home: http://moene.indiv.nluug.nl/~toon/