We are currently looking to fill the following vacancy for a Data Privacy
Officer at Accenture. Please contact me if you are interested.
[log in to unmask]
Data Privacy Officer
Salary Scale 51-70,000 pa pro-rata
Full or Part-time (4 days a week)
This is an exciting opportunity for you to be responsible for ensuring
Accenture’s compliance with data privacy legislation and internal data
privacy policies for Accenture entities based in the UK and Ireland.
You will work with the Global Data Privacy Compliance Team and functional
data privacy representatives to ensure ongoing compliance with Accenture’s
relation to all personal data held and processed by Accenture (e.g. current
and former employees, potential recruits, client business contacts and
suppliers) in its role as a data controller.
To work with the Accenture Business Process Outsourcing Data Protection Co-
ordinator to ensure compliance with Client instructions in relation to data
privacy where Accenture processes personal data on behalf of its clients.
• Implement data privacy compliance steps, as required by Accenture’s
Global Data Privacy Team on specific projects in the country/region.
• Action any findings of data privacy compliance audits, review and
where necessary arrange local audits to ensure compliance and in particular
action any findings.
related national documentation (Guidelines), revise in light of any new
legal developments and guidance from the supervisory authority with the
assistance and agreement of Legal and the Global Data Privacy Team.
• Maintain the appropriate national registration/notification with
the national supervisory authority, in coordination with local Legal
• Where applicable, develop further written practical guidance and
advice in specific areas of data privacy compliance in accordance with
national legal requirements.
• Report to the Global Data Privacy Team/GS Lead/Legal Lead details
of all major data privacy issues in the country including advice given,
number of access rights exercised by individuals and outcome of any
complaints on a [monthly/quarterly] basis.
• Design and deliver data protection training to employees, both at
induction and ongoing, designed to promote awareness, understanding, and
ownership of data privacy matters.
• Respond to requests for the exercise of rights given to employees
legislation (e.g., access to data, correction, objection to direct
marketing), in line with Accenture Guidelines with the assistance of Legal.
• Serve as a first point of contact for and respond to data privacy
queries from in-country employees.
The role can be either a full/part time role based in the UK
Direct reporting to GS Lead UKI and dotted line reporting to the EMEA
Enjoy excellent benefits including : 30 days holiday, 50% gym subsidy,
interest-free season ticket loan, private healthcare, access to a number of
Accenture clubs and societies, 3 days paid leave a year to take part in
community or charitable projects and Global hotel and travel discounts with
our Accenture partnerships.
What you can offer us:
• A background in delivering data privacy compliance in a highly
• Excellent knowledge of UK and Irish Data Privacy legislation.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly the
ability to translate complex technical issues into straightforward
• Confident in managing senior stakeholders and reporting into senior
management or board level.
• Experience of implementing data privacy compliance programmes,
drafting policies and procedures, auditing data privacy risks and designing
and delivering data privacy training programmes.
• Experience of dealing with data privacy issues in relation to
outsourcing and offshoring.
• ISEB qualification in Data Protection OR Law degree OR Information
• Experience of drafting data protection contracts.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer to assist us in maintaining
this please ensure you omit your date of birth information from any details
All archives of messages are stored permanently and are
available to the world wide web community at large at
If you wish to leave this list please send the command
leave data-protection to [log in to unmask]
All user commands can be found at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/commandref.htm
Any queries about sending or receiving messages please send to the list owner
[log in to unmask]
Full help Desk - please email [log in to unmask] describing your needs
To receive these emails in HTML format send the command:
SET data-protection HTML to [log in to unmask]
(all commands go to [log in to unmask] not the list please)