Help for CONTAMINATED-LAND-STRATEGIES Archives

CONTAMINATED-LAND-STRATEGIES Archives

CONTAMINATED-LAND-STRATEGIES Archives

CONTAMINATED-LAND-STRATEGIES@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

CONTAMINATED-LAND-STRATEGIES Home

CONTAMINATED-LAND-STRATEGIES Home

CONTAMINATED-LAND-STRATEGIES  August 2007

CONTAMINATED-LAND-STRATEGIES August 2007

Re: Extensions within 250m of landfill.....

Gareth Rees <[log in to unmask]>

Gareth Rees <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:05:28 +0100

The conditions I use are as follows

IN ACCORDANCE WITH PPS23 BEFORE ANY DECISION ON THIS APPLICATION IS
MADE, the developer shall undertake an investigation to determine the
risk of gas migration from the old landfill site(s) close to the
development. The monitoring scheme shall include details of the
monitoring techniques and positions and a proposal for monitoring over
at least a three-month period but preferably for 6 months. The
investigation shall not be undertaken until the scheme has been approved
by the Local Planning Authority and must be carried out to its
satisfaction. Further advice as to the suitability of the proposed
development can then be provided by Environmental Health Services.
If the results of the monitoring scheme are satisfactory, a scheme for
protection will be required and as a minimum there shall be the
provision of a gas proof membrane and passive sub-floor ventilation.
Regard must be had to current best practice documents. Following the
investigation, it is possible that more extensive remediation works may
be required, and the proposed protection measures must be approved by
the Local Planning Authority prior to the commencement of construction
work.
Upon completion of the works, this condition shall not have been deemed
as being met until a closure report has been submitted to the Local
Planning Authority for approval. The closure report shall include
details of the site investigation and the remedial measures that have
been undertaken, including photographic evidence, together with the
quality assurance scheme.
Occupation of buildings shall not commence until the Local Planning
Authority has approved the closure report.

Gareth Rees
Contaminated Land Officer,
Harborough District Council,

Tel: 01858 821174