Re: pigs and woodland

Julie Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 3 Jul 2007 17:19:27 +0100

all pigs are interesting! and I think the story is quite complicated, with
different things happening at different sites/places/times/environmental &
social contexts. I just realised that I'd been making assumptions without
really examining where they came from - probably I didn't phrase my question
very well...but now I'm wondering how much, say, Neolithic-Roman evidence
there is for association of pigs and woodland, or otherwise? there seems to
be something going on that changes between the early neolithic and the iron
age, but I don't have any data from the intervening period so I don't know
when

Julie Hamilton
Research Laboratory for Archaeology and the History of Art
Dyson Perrins Building
South Parks Rd
OXFORD OX1 3QY

email: [log in to unmask]
Tel: (01865 ) 285203

Dear Julie,

since you asked about pigs of "Iron Age and later" we assumed that you were
also
interested in medieval pigs, as the Middle Ages are indeed later than the
Iron
Age.

Cheers,
Umberto