Help for MCG Archives

MCG Archives

MCG@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

MCG Home

MCG  July 2007

MCG July 2007

Re: Web 2.0, third party forums and accessiblity

Torsten Reimer <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 3 Jul 2007 10:41:51 +0100

Mia Ridge wrote:
>> While we are on this topic, does anyone here successfully integrate a
>> blog and discussion fora from the same site?  If so, what do you
>> combine?
>
> Do you mean links from one to the other, or do you mean the integration
> of logins across different applications?

I have missed the first part of the discussion, but we use the CMS
Drupal for a community site (still in development) that integrates
blogs, fora etc. - and so far we have no complaints:
http://www.arts-humanities.net

> That raises an interesting question - does anyone know of 'social =
> software' applications like blogs or forums that use OpenID?

Drupal already has some sort of OpenID support, for instance:
http://drupal.org/project/openidurl
And the next version will have it integrated into the core:
http://drupal.org/node/152893
(there also is an interesting discussion about the benefits of OpenID).

Cheers,
Torsten
--
Torsten Reimer