Help for ALLSTAT Archives

ALLSTAT Archives

allstat@jiscmail.ac.uk

ALLSTAT Home

ALLSTAT  July 2007

ALLSTAT July 2007

JOB: Biostatistics Manager, UK - Permanent

Martin Grindrod <[log in to unmask]>

Martin Grindrod <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 5 Jul 2007 15:44:05 +0100

Dear Allstat,

James Harvard Pharmaceutical have officially rebranded to Hays Pharma as
of July 1st as a result of the acquisition of James Havard International
by Hays PLC. We will continue to provide both candidates and clients
with the utmost professional service across the different job functions
we cover and across multiple locations in Europe.

My client, a leading player in the pharmaceutical industry, is looking
to hire a Manager to perform a project management and line management
function within the Biostatistics department.

The successful candidate will oversee the statistical aspects of
clinical trials from design, through analysis and reporting, acting as
the lead statistician on multiple projects.  An important aspect to this
role will be to manage a team of statisticians and statistics
programmers, organising work load across the team and report project
status to management.  There will also be the need to represent the
Biostatistics department within the company and with interactions with
client companies and regulatory agencies.

We are looking for someone with strong knowledge of statistical
principles underlying clinical trials and strong statistical skills. The
following skills and experience are also required:

- SAS(r) programming skills and familiarity of other statistical
packages (e.g. StatXact, Nquery) and understanding of database
structures.
- Good organisational skills across multiple projects, managing own and
team work loads.  The ability to adapt and adjust to changing
priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team setting.
- Demonstrated initiative, motivation and problem solving skills.
- Positive attitude and the ability to organise a team and work well
with others.
- Evidence of strong management skills, as shown through management of
multiple projects and team members.

If you would like to discuss this position in detail, or for a
confidential consultation on all of our current Biostatistics and
Programming opportunities in the UK and Europe, please contact me
directly. Details of our current contract and permanent vacancies can
also be found at our new website - www.hayspharma.com.

Kind Regards,

Martin

Martin Grindrod
Senior Consultant, Biostatistics - Hays Pharma
t. +44 (0) 20 7922 7128
f. +44 (0) 20 7922 7101
m.+44 (0) 7884 001300

Hays Pharma is part of the Hays Plc group of companies - for all our
latest jobs and industry news go to www.hayspharma.com
<www.jamesharvardpharma.com > .

**Hays Pharma - formerly James Harvard Pharma, for further information
please go to
www.hayspharma.com/press_release.php

Hays Pharma is proud to be a Carbon Neutral Company
http://www.carbonneutral.com/

This message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disclose,
copy or use any part of it - please delete all copies immediately and notify
the Hays Pharma Helpdesk at [log in to unmask] .

Any information, statements or opinions contained in this message (including
any attachments) are given by the author. They are not given on behalf of
Hays Pharma unless subsequently confirmed by an individual other than the author who
is duly authorised to represent Hays Pharma.

Hays Pharma is a member of the Hays Plc group of companies. Hays Plc is registered in
England and Wales, number 2150950. Registered office, 141 Moorgate, London
England, EC2M 6TX.