Re: Growing filesize

"Rushton, Martin" <[log in to unmask]>

Excel Visual Basic for Applications.

Mon, 25 Jun 2007 14:16:02 +0100

Not much information on what you paste, how e.g. pastespecial and where
e.g. overwrite or append.

If its append then obviously the file size will grow but..........

It could be to do with what Excel thinks is the used data range.  Place
the cell pointer in the row and column where you think there is nothing
below or to the right.  Is the horizontal scroll bar all the way to the
right and the vertical all the way to the bottom?  If the answer to
either is no then you need to correct Excel's view of your used area.
Select all the rows below and delete them, similarly with columns to the
right (edit clear all my work but I prefer delete).  Save the file.
Repeat for other sheets if applicable.  I think only from XL2002 (XP)
did you not need to close the file and reopen for it to be effective but
the scroll bars should now be showing the "correct" used area.

From memory file bloat may also be a sign of corruption too.

-----Original Message-----
From: Excel Visual Basic for Applications.
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David Moon
Sent: 25 June 2007 13:32
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Growing filesize

Hi all, I am managing an Excel 2000 spreadsheet which has suddenly grown

from 900kb to 2300kb and is taking an eternity to open up. I paste data
from another source and wonder if it could be something to do with
styles
(like in MS Word). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave Moon.