LIS-E-RESOURCES Archives

LIS-E-RESOURCES@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-E-RESOURCES Home

LIS-E-RESOURCES  May 2007

LIS-E-RESOURCES May 2007

Re: Journals Cataloguing Training

"Roome, Nickie (CIO-IMD)" <[log in to unmask]>

An informal open list set up by the UK Serials Group <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 16 May 2007 15:06:44 +0100

Hi Joanne,

Have you looked at this?  http://www.uksg.org/events/practitioner-srm -
I'm not sure if it would cover cataloguing in the depth that you want
though.

I'm wondering how much is covered these days by training in whatever
library management system people are using as opposed to "pure"
cataloguing training?

You could always ask the training providers if they could organise
something for you ... I've recently approached several providers (CILIP,
ASLIB etc.) to price up some training for our team.

Good luck!  (and let me know if you find anything that is generally
available as I collate training information for my team as part of my
own job role)

Nickie

Nickie Roome
Team Leader  - Information Resources Management
Defra Library and Translation Service
Information Resource Centre
Ergon House
c/o 17 Smith Square