Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: A lengthy inspired response

Yvonne Sliep <[log in to unmask]>

Performative Social Science <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 31 May 2007 15:18:14 +0200

text/plain

Thank you, that is great to hear!!! I got a shock when my own email appeared on my screen and I realised what I had done - a bit like coming out without meaning to. But you are right - these are really hard issues to grapple with and so few to have a good conversation with about it. Like you I am in the wrong part of the world to pop in for seminars that draw like minded people. But this connection already makes it feel different :) !!

>>> Racine Guylaine <[log in to unmask]> 05/31/07 3:01 PM >>>
Hi Yvonne,

I'm sorry that you are sorry for sending your email to the whole list, because reading your mail this morning made me feel less alone in trying to decide what direction to give to our paper.  Taking to a friend yesterday, I was telling her how uncertain I was, talking with her about that "scientific gaze" that you've mentioned being over my shoulder, looking at me when I'm writing and making comments all along :) So your email was a blessing for me !

Au plaisir,
Guylaine

Guylaine Racine
Professeure agrégée