MCG April 2007

Re: Filters for Public Access Computers

Graham Head <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 3 Apr 2007 15:54:18 +0100

Yes,
I should have said - that is the kios software weuse, having trialled several
Graham Head
Thr British Museum

-----Original Message-----
From: Museums Computer Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of John Williams (NMC)
Sent: 03 April 2007 15:45
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Filters for Public Access Computers

Have a look at sitekiosk (www.sitekiosk.com). Its a professional program for creating public access internet kiosks. It lets you allow users to only visit particular sites (eg. the heritage ones) and blocks everything else. There's a free demo and a "non-profit" version for 99 Euros (about 65).
<<

I should have added that as well as a separate network we use the "non profit" version of SiteKiosk for all workstations in the public and gallery spaces as well and have found it very useful.

John