On Sun, 22 Apr 2007, Antun Balaz wrote:
> Seems that I found the solution. There are three items I would like to pint
> out to:
> 1) Adding simple
> index objectclass eq
> index GlueVOViewLocalID eq
> to /etc/init.d/bdii in ldbm database definitions section solved the problem on
> our BDII_site. I suppose that some indexing should be added to BDII (both site
> and top-level) by YAIM, since otherwise there will be problems of this type on
> other sites as well. Earlier I had some indexing which was overridden by the
> latest reconfiguration. Relevant link from SEE-GRID Wiki, created by Valentin
> This is the recommended method to find out what are the attributes BDII should
> be indexed on.
Let me comment on that. We did not yet add indexes to the BDII because of
contradictory evidence and worries about the overall effect: each index will
speed up a particular query, but it also takes a possibly significant amount
of CPU time to create the index, which may slow down the BDII operation!
This is a concern for very busy top-level BDIIs like lcg-bdii.cern.ch.
Last week we discussed doing some experiments to decide which indexes should
be added. I suspect we will essentially implement Valentin's recommendations.