* APOLOGIES FOR CROSS POSTING *
Finding and Using Audio-Visual Media in Further and Higher Education
Wednesday 25th April, 2007: 10.30am 4.30pm
Venue: BUFVC, 77 Wells Street, London, W1T 3QJ
Presented by BUFVC specialists Luke McKernan, Sergio Angelini, Murray
Weston, Nick Townend and Markeda Cole.
The course programme offers:
* Practical sessions on the use of audio-visual media in Further and
* An exploration of forms of delivery of audio-visual media film,
video, DVD, audio, CDs, streamed/ downloadable media
* An insight into the processes of recording of television and radio
programmes off-air under licence
* An understanding of UK copyright with an explanation of exceptions
includes a question and answer session
* A look at BUFVC services such as HERMES, TRILT and the Moving Image
Gateway, and how they are of value to Further and Higher education
* Information on using the Internet to access moving image resources
Participants will have the opportunity to view the BUFVC's facilities and
network with colleagues from other institutions.
This course is suitable for a general audience of those involved in teaching
and learning processes. It will be of particular interest to teachers,
researchers, librarians, audio-visual and IT service providers in further
and higher education institutions.
For more information on this course and other one day courses and workshops
please visit our website at www.bufvc.ac.uk or contact Nancy Prall at
[log in to unmask] or on 0207 393 1512.
Course registration fees including sandwich lunch Standard Charge: £150
Discount rates for staff in BUFVC member institutions
Standard Services member: £ 127.50
Premier Services member: £ 105.00
All charges include VAT at the standard rate. Bookings will be accepted (i)
accompanied by payment in advance by cheque or credit card, or (ii) when
accompanied by a signed official order. Cancellations will not be accepted
less than 14 days before the course date.