Re: Elsevier protest from Newcastle

coolie <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 5 Apr 2007 22:09:40 +0200

text/plain

"We now have the tools at our disposal to do things differently, so
that's no longer an excuse. Everywhere the power of conventional
information distribution is quaking at the sound of millions of typing,
downloading, blogging and filesharing fingers..."

Self-archiving is a first step, but it's picking up slow. Almost all of
us have some web-space on the uni or college server? I do apologize for
singling someone out and I might have miscalculated, but I couldn't
help checking the IEHG editors' staff-pages for self-archived material
and eight (8; with a nice counting) out of the 20 has some up there.
Just to show the tendency, we could all start with what we do have.

On the forwarded below, I can't really break this down and give a short
commentary, but some might have heard of it regarding these issues?

at stumps,
  jonas
Jonas R Bylund, PhD
Dept. of Human Geography