Bringing it to Life: Developing Archive Based Activities for Children and Adults
National Archives of Scotland, Edinburgh
21 May 2007 10.00 a.m. - 4.15 p.m.
A training day organised by the Society of Archivists Scotland. The day will be a mixture of presentations and practical workshops .
10.00-10.15 Coffee and registration
10.15-11.45 Using archives creatively with children and adults: a local authority perspective.
Speaker: Linda Bankier, Borough Archivist, Berwick-upon-Tweed
12.00-1.00 Archives, past and future.
Speaker: Margaret McBryde, Education Officer, National Archives of Scotland
* A local history study * setting up a simple activities, for adults or children, using a small selection of original records
* Detective Deed Box - activities where participants take on the role of archivists.
1.45-4.15 Archives and Creative Writing
Two sessions led by Ken Cockburn, freelance poet, editor and writing tutor.
* Developing activities and ideas using specific collections
* The National Archives of Scotland Soldiers’ Wills project and working with school children
* Workshops using the John Murray Archive at the National Library of Scotland
* Using archives to inspire creative writing
Delegate rate will be £55 for SoA members, £65 for non-members
To reserve a place please complete the booking form available at http://www.archives.org.uk/resources/Training%20Booking%20Form%2006.doc and send it to the Society Office AND email me to let me know.
Archive, Records Management and Museum Services,
University of Dundee,
Tel: +44 (O)1382 388773
Fax: +44 (0)1382 385523
[log in to unmask]
CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS:
ICA/SUV Annual Conference 13-17 August 2007, University of Dundee
Archives, Records and the User: The Changing Nature of University and Scientific Archives in the 21st Century.