Since there is such a strong interest in Moodle, I thought members of this
list would be interested in the following online course:
Making the Most of Moodle 1 - Getting Started
It's aimed at lecturers and tutors who are interested in learning about
Moodle, and who want to find out how to create a simple course in Moodle.
The course is fully supported by a real, live tutor (me). We have trialled
it successfully with lecturers and staff in Scottish colleges and
universities, and it’s a great way for you to taste a course in moodle.
By the end of this course you will:
* understand the basics of Moodle;
* be aware of the elements that go to make up a Moodle course;
* be familiar with the resources and activities available in Moodle; and
* be able to create basic activities and resources in Moodle.
Topics covered in this online workshop include:
* the student viewpoint - how students see Moodle;
* simple uses of Moodle;
* creating learning resources in Moodle.
Moodle Features Covered:
* modifying course settings;
* editing a Moodle course;
* creating a web page;
* linking to files;
* setting a simple assignment; and
* sending messages to your students.
The course is fully online so you can take it as and when you get time and
- naturally - it uses
Moodle. You are given your own course space in a Moodle to practice.
The enrolment fee is £32 (introductory price) per individual, with discounts
available for group
bookings. Cheque, invoice and purchase order bookings are also available on
request – we know how hard it is to pay with your institute’s credit card!
To find out more and to enrol visit the course information page at:
Or contact me through one of the ways given below.
The New Curiosity Shop
Newbattle Abbey College
Email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: +44 (0)131 208 1900
***************** List information: *****************
Remember - replies go by default to the entire list.
Access the list via the web on http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/vle.html
To unsubscribe, email [log in to unmask] with the message: leave vle