Help for GEO-METAMORPHISM Archives

GEO-METAMORPHISM Archives

GEO-METAMORPHISM@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

GEO-METAMORPHISM Home

GEO-METAMORPHISM  March 2007

GEO-METAMORPHISM March 2007

Re: International Eclogite Field Symposium 2007

Simon Cuthbert <[log in to unmask]>

Metamorphic Studies Group <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 2 Mar 2007 09:02:58 +0000

Dear Howard and all,

Thanks for your enquiry addressed to Geo-metamorphism - this gives me
an opportunity to give everyone an update. In fact plans for the
Eclogite Field Symposium in the Scottish Highlands this summer (29th
June - 7th July with post-conference excursion to Brittany and Vendee,
France 9th - 12th July) are now  complete, but we have unfortunately had
some severe delays in getting the conference website up and running.
However, this is now fixed and full details with abstract deadlines and
registration details will be available either today or Monday. As soon
as it's ready I'll send out an e-mail to Geo-Met and all individuals who
expressed an interest previously, to let you know the website URL.

In answer to your other question, Howard, it will be possible to
present a poster.

If you are preparing an abstract, we can allow up to two sides A4 with
colour images if necessary, but please keep file sizes to less than 10
Mbytes.

With best wishes and looking forward to seeing you in Scotland in the
summer,

Simon
(Chair, Organising Group)

Dr Simon J Cuthbert
Life, Sport & Earth Sciences
School of Engineering & Science
University of Paisley
Paisley PA1 2BE
United Kingdom

tel. +44 141 848 3263
fax +44 141 848 3663
e-mail [log in to unmask]
http://geology.paisley.ac.uk

>>> day <[log in to unmask]> 03/01/07 9:26 pm >>>
3/1/07

Colleagues,

Because I have heard nothing for several months regarding the proposed

eclogite conference, I fear you may not have received my expression of

interest in attending both the conference and the field trip.
  Do you have an estimate of when further details will be available?

In order to apply for funding for the trip, it will be necessary to
give a presentation.  Will there be possibilities to present a poster?

Thanks very much for your attention.

Regards

Howard

Howard W. Day, Professor
Department of Geology
University of California, Davis
One Shields Ave
Davis, CA 95616

Legal disclaimer

The information transmitted is the property of the University of Paisley and is intended only for the person or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail may not represent those of the company.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination and other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.