Help for ALLSTAT Archives

ALLSTAT Archives

allstat@jiscmail.ac.uk

ALLSTAT Home

ALLSTAT  March 2007

ALLSTAT March 2007

Bioinformatics Contract X 3 - South East UK

Mark O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>

Mark O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 1 Mar 2007 10:16:45 -0000

Dear Allstat,

Please find below our latest contract Bioinformatics role in the South
East . They have 3 positions for a minimum of 12 months.

The main objective is to provide information science and library science
support and which Identifies, analyzes and integrates internal and
external information to support innovation and decision-making within
the drug discovery and development process

Key Duties:

Key role in the management of many different forms of electronic data
relevant to the pharmaceutical industry. Will be expected to provide a
high standard of data maintenance through the use of scripting
languages, database work and significant degree of scientific curation.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to gain practical experience
of managing biological data within drug discovery.

Essentials include:

Must have a biology or chemistry background with at least MSc.
Practical experience with bioinformatics databases.
Able to provide examples of programming with biological data.
Able to translate scientific data issues into IT solutions Demonstrated
hands on programming in at least 1 scripting language (e.g. Perl) - Can
indenpendantly code complex scripts in Perl without supervision

If this sounds like the kind fo role for you please don't hesitate to
forward a copy of your CV with rate expectations and availability.

Kind Regards
Mark O'Brien
Divisional Manager ~ Biostatistics Division James Harvard Pharmaceutical
Ltd

T. 020 7922 7106 M. 07921 176225 F. 020 7922 7101
E: [log in to unmask]
W: www.jamesharvardpharma.com

25 - 27 Wootton Street : Waterloo : London : SE1 8TG For all our latest
Statistics and Programming vacancies please visit our website
www.jamesharvardpharma.com