Help for ADMIN-DISTANCE-LEARNING Archives

ADMIN-DISTANCE-LEARNING Archives

ADMIN-DISTANCE-LEARNING Archives

ADMIN-DISTANCE-LEARNING@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ADMIN-DISTANCE-LEARNING Home

ADMIN-DISTANCE-LEARNING Home

ADMIN-DISTANCE-LEARNING  March 2007

ADMIN-DISTANCE-LEARNING March 2007

Distance e-learning - blended?

Anita Pincas <[log in to unmask]>

Distance Learning programmes mailing list <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 4 Mar 2007 08:07:45 +0000

One of the key movements at the moment is the swing away from purely
distance approaches to e-learning, especially for on-campus learners, as
described in my book  "Learning Online on Campus" [with Gunter Saunders].
Reflecting on the issues in designing and developing e-learning is probably
best done by involvement in such learning from the inside, i.e. by learning
that way yourself.

You might therefore be interested in the course I have been running for
many years at the University of London - the long-established Online
Education & Training course.  Although the course is fully distance,
blended modes are discussed and evaluated.

It deals with general issues of teaching online with regular practical
tasks, and has a choice of optional topics on using the internet to enhance
internet teaching. These are expected to include
•       online discourse and moderating
•       computer-based assessment
•       mobile technologies
•       Real-time teaching with CHAT or video-conferencing and whiteboards
•       blogging and podcasting

The next start is 13 May 2007.  We suggest you register as soon as
possible.

The course carries 30 UK credits towards either a masters or a diploma and
can be taken by 10 weeks distance study online.

The fee is £Stg 499, which can be paid by bank transfer, credit card or
instalments.