FW: RMA and regression question

markus dyck <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 3 Feb 2007 11:40:52 -0500

 Hello, I have not gotten a response, so I am trying it again. Thanks for
your assistance.

From: markus dyck [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2007 4:25 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: RMA and regression question

Hi all:
I found this list-server and joined in because I hope and trust that I can
gain the knowledge to deal with my statistics questions, which have been
frustrating as of late. So here it goes. In general to give you an idea, I
am working on a large data set exploring allometry through regression
analyses, but throughout my analyses, I encountered problems that hampered
the continuation.
I have several morphometric measurements of animals and ran RMA (Reduced
Major Axis regressions from a prgram I downloaded from A. Bohonak's
website).  Once I obtained the results, I need to explore whether the
regression is different from isometry, or different from 0 in order to
determine if there exists an allometric relationship (i.e., compare slopes).
I am not sure how to do that. I know it is a t-test, but what exactly do I
need to do? I am unsure in what information to use in that t-test? Can
anyone please advise and assist me?
Thanks for all your responses.
Markus

Markus Dyck
Research Biologist
Box 205
Iglulik, NU
X0A 0L0 Canada
This email (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal
views. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance
on it and notify the sender immediately. Please note that the sender
monitors emails sent and received.