JiscMail Logo

Help for PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Archives

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Archives

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Archives

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Home

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Home

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER  February 2007

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER February 2007

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password

Re: Honesty

Rev Je Kan Adler-Collins <[log in to unmask]>

BERA Practitioner-Researcher <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 16 Feb 2007 08:11:16 +0000

text/plain

Hi Sue, I  mostly agree with you  and that is where the ethics of the
space is important. It is not my place to silence Sarah nor would I
wish to . She and I have had some great exchanges in the past. I do
feel that it could be approached in such a manner that a case which is
under formal investigation is not prejudge in a public forum. My
supervisor and I do not agree on every thing which has been part of the
joy of the process and both he and I have grown in the process. I am
lucky in that we a deep friendship and respect for each other. However
I also have to recognize as does he that the power relationships exist
. He holds the power of institutional pedagogy and also the
responsibility to “ Do his Job”. I have been a demanding student, not
prepared to accept the party line and clashed many times over the
system. Like pip’s posting, my supervisor has a success rate which is
quite high as each candidate seems to find in them to met the criterion
and not loose themselves. I was ready to submit my first draft a year
ago. smile. I am so glad I did not and I listened all be it grudgingly
and I now believe I have a document that meets the criterion where as I
year ago it would not have come close. . I do so identify with Pips
story of writing and rewriting until I received the blessings of my
supervisor. In a way that is their job.

So I do see Sarah’s process as important , I just strongly feel that
this way is not correct. I do not mean to hurt  but I can not just be
silent as others are hurt. Did not some one else say some thing about
when good men stay silent??

I truly understand your compassion for the hurt you feel and that I
have been responsible for it or added to it. In this case I am deeply
sorry but there was little I could other than be silent and that no
longer is an option in my life..Feeling hurt is part of loving which is
the same pain that I feel when I have to write as I have done.

Love and respect Je Kan