Re: online access to TES and THES

Nikki Green <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 22 Feb 2007 10:27:21 -0000

text/plain

Dear Colleagues,

Maureen is correct THES is not available on an institutional licence -
Eduserv Chest has already approached the supplier on this subject but at
present it is not available.  We will however keep trying to find a way
of making this available electronically on an institutional basis.

Best Wishes

Nikki

Nikki Green
Business Development Manager
Eduserv Chest
Software and information negotiation and licensing

tel: +44 (0)1225 403220
fax: +44 (0)1225 344407
http://www.eduserv.org.uk/chest/

-----Original Message-----
From: A general Library and Information Science list for news and
discussion. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Maureen
Richardson
Sent: 22 February 2007 10:22
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: online access to TES and THES

Hi Claire
As far as I know THES is not available online to institutions * I really
hope to be proved wrong but I have been told by them that online is only
available to individual subscribers. TES is free as you know. We keep
the last 12 months of both in print. We used to subscribe to the CD Rom
version of both but cancelled when I thought the THES was available
online! We offered access to the THES online for two years until I was
told by them not allowed. Chest have had THES on wish list since 2003
and now 48 institutions have expressed an interest. I have seen THES
available online on some library web pages so I would be very interested
to know if these are special deals and maybe I just spoke to the wrong
people at the Times

Maureen

Maureen Richardson
Electronic Resources  Manager
Information Resources
Learning Resource Centre
Edge Hill University
St Helens Rd
Ormskirk
Lancashire L39 4QP

Telephone: 01695 58 4684
Fax: 01695 58 4592

>>> Claire Stevens <[log in to unmask]> 22/02/2007 10:08 >>>

Hi All

=20

We currently take the Times Educational Supplement and the Times Higher
Educational Supplement in hardcopy, with back issues being put onto
microfilm each year. We are considering swapping over to their
electronic subscription with access to the online back copies. Has
anyone else also done this, and have you found it successful or
experienced any problems at all? Any information on the service or
student feedback would be appreciated.

=20

Many thanks,

=20

Claire Stevens

---------------------

Assistant Librarian

College of St.Mark & St.John

Derriford Road

Plymouth

PL6 8BH

Email: [log in to unmask]

Tel: 01752 636700 ext.3118

=20

The College of St Mark & St John
Derriford Road   Plymouth  PL6 8BH
Phone 01752 636700   Web  marjon.ac.uk

Principal: Professor David Baker

A Church of England College Founded in 1840 The College of St Mark & St
John is a registered charity the trustee of = which is a company limited
by guarantee registered in England No. 986239

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for
the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.  Any views or
opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of Edge Hill University or associated companies.  If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender as soon as
possible and delete it and all copies of it.  You must not, directly or
indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this
message if you are not the intended recipient.

The message content of in-coming emails is automatically scanned to
identify Spam and viruses otherwise Edge Hill University do not actively
monitor content.  However, sometimes it will be necessary for Edge Hill
University to access business communications during staff absence.

Edge Hill University has taken steps to ensure that this email and any
attachments are virus free.  However, it is the responsibility of the
recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is
accepted by Edge Hill University for any loss or damage arising in any
way from its use.
<<<<EdgeHill>>>>