Issue 5: AGEING WORKFORCES

Ageing Horizons <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 22 Feb 2007 10:58:17 +0000

Welcome to Ageing Horizons, a policy review of the Oxford Institute of Ageing to
keep you abreast of current research and analysis on the medium-term
implications of population ageing.

In this issue on Ageing Workforces, featured articles include:

* Pension Reform and Age of Retirement Rules
By Kenneth Howse
http://www.ageing.ox.ac.uk/ageinghorizonsnew/workforce/publishedworkforce/5howse.pdf

* The Employment Equality (Age) Regulations and Beyond
By George Leeson
http://www.ageing.ox.ac.uk/ageinghorizonsnew/workforce/publishedworkforce/5leeson.pdf

* Age-Related Capacity Decline: A Review of some Workplace
By Sarah Harper and Sue Marcus
http://www.ageing.ox.ac.uk/ageinghorizonsnew/workforce/publishedworkforce/5harper&markus.pdf

* Attitudes and Practices of Employers towards Ageing Workers: Evidence from a
Global Survey on the Future of Retirement
By Sarah Harper, Hafiz T.A. Khan, Atulya Saxena, and George Leeson
http://www.ageing.ox.ac.uk/ageinghorizonsnew/workforce/publishedworkforce/5harper_khan_saxena_leeson.pdf

To request your free hard copy of the current issue please email
[log in to unmask] with Send Hard Copy in the subject line and your
postal address in the message body.

OUR FORTHCOMING ISSUE -- SOCIAL CARE

There is more to AGEING HORIZONS online at www.ageing.ox.ac.uk/ageinghorizons:

Our *Online Ageing Resource Base* brings together recent publications, ongoing
research projects, policy initiatives, campaigns, and best practice from around
the world.

Our *Online Archive* gives you free access to our past issues:
- Globalisation and global ageing
- Biodemography and longevity
- Health policy
- Pension reform and social justice

Forward this newsletter to anyone interested in AGEING HORIZONS. Subscription is
free. To subscribe send an empty message to
[log in to unmask] To unsubscribe send an empty
message to [log in to unmask]

AGEING HORIZONS is published by the Oxford Institute of Ageing, University of
Oxford with support from HSBC. At the Oxford Institute of Ageing, we address
demographic ageing at a global, societal, and individual level. We currently
undertake research on Europe, Asia, Africa, and Latin America. To find out more
about us please visit www.ageing.ox.ac.uk