Re: Artists

Juergen Bergmann <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 6 Feb 2007 12:58:56 +0100

Dear Deborah,
for my part, I never did choose to work within the context of business. If
it would have been otherwise, perhaps I would be happier, perhaps easier for
me and my family. I always wanted to overcome or to change how others did
perceive me. So I was directed to study and reflect the expression of my
own, which let me to art. The way out of the closed professional art
context, especially theatre, was on the one site the profound deception I
felt within that context who is extremly conservative and business
dominated/driven and on the other side the openness of the business world
itself, which allowed me to find other ways of expressions and which seemed
to me more adopted and more authentique. That was not a decision but a slow
evolution as the consequence of the research to express myself in a way so
that others may perceive my form of expression as I do. In fact, to be
recognised. But it is not possible to escape of your destiny.
That's why even now, after twenty years plunging in the world of business
and expressing myself by a very specifique, individual and original way, the
dilemma is the same. The more I'm recognised as artist sublimating
managerial processes in to art as a value in itself, replacing traditional
management tools because that's more effectiv in certain situations
(inbetween I know for which situation it is valuable = what kind of
situation can be sublimated into art), the more I'm isolated by that
recognition. It's a prison. And therefore I'm still looking how to escape. I
don't know what I will do in some years. I only know that it will be more
and more difficult to escape from the prison of etiquette, which is as a
stigmatisation. I want to be quite normal, but what is interessting for
others, is to consider me as different or creasy.
What is decisif is not the context of self-realisation, it's the energie
which allows you to be what your are or to became what you perceive as what
you are.
Best
Jürgen