**With apologies for cross posting**
The Royal Scottish Geographical Society is delighted to announce the launch of its website of the Images for All project at http://www.rsgs.org/ifa/ <http://www.rsgs.org/ifa/>
The RSGS holds a collection of around one hundred and fifty thousand maps, the archives of many travellers as well as those of the RSGS itself, and many images in a variety of formats. The aims of the project are
* Digitising one hundred gems selected from throughout the collections and creating an image gallery
* Implementing an ongoing repair and conservation programme
* Cataloguing all items in the collections
* Making catalogues freely available via the project website
The one hundred gems with commentaries are now available and include:
* Previously unseen images of St Kilda, including the evacuation
* Early Maps and Charts of Scotland
* The herring fishing industry in Barra
* Scottish landforms
* Photographs taken by 19th century lady explorers Isobel Wylie Hutchinson and Ella Christie
We encourage you to take full advantage of this rich online geographical resource, and welcome all feedback.
Candida Fenton Project Manager 'Images for All'
Royal Scottish Geographical Society
Graham Hills Building
40 George Street
Glasgow G1 1QE
Tel: +44 (0) 141 552 3330
Fax: +44 (0) 141 552 3331
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://www.rsgs.org/ifa/ <http://www.rsgs.org/ifa/>
The Royal Scottish Geographical Society: Advancing Geography to promote a better understanding of the world we live in.
P Save paper-Do you really need to print this email?