Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Mentoring and Coaching News

Jean Rath <[log in to unmask]>

BERA-MENTORING-COACHING <[log in to unmask]>, Jean Rath <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 1 Dec 2006 13:13:27 +1300

text/plain

Dear All

I'd also add that it's important to talk with mentors about not only the
student teachers having preconceptions of what it is to be mentored and
what it is to be a teacher, but also acknowledge that the mentors
themselves come 'pre-loaded' with expectations about both what it means
to be a mentor and what it is to be a teacher. I advise that mentor and
mentee sit down early on to make these expectations explicit ... can
save a lot of hassles in the long run, plus good modelling of reflexive
professional development!

Best wishes

Jean

Dr Jean Rath
Research Development Co-ordinator
Office of Research and Postgraduate Studies
Room 203, 10 Kelburn Parade
Victoria University of Wellington
Ext: 7408
Email: [log in to unmask]