MED-SETTLEMENT@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

MED-SETTLEMENT Home

MED-SETTLEMENT  November 2006

MED-SETTLEMENT November 2006

Thorpes

Richard Jones <[log in to unmask]>

E-list for the Medieval Settlement Research Group <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 29 Nov 2006 12:03:17 +0000

Dear all

David Parson and Paul Cullen of English Place-Names at Nottingham and I
are currently preparing papers for an international conference on torps
being held in Malmo next Easter.

As part of this process, we are keen to get hold of any information
regarding archaeological investigations within settlements containing the
elements torp (e.g. Scunthorpe) or torp (e.g. Althrop) that might help to
elucidate their early function and morphology.

Hoping that members of this list might be able to help.

Richard

Dr Richard Jones
Centre for English Local History
5 Salisbury Road