Help for JISC-REPOSITORIES Archives

JISC-REPOSITORIES Archives

JISC-REPOSITORIES@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

JISC-REPOSITORIES Home

JISC-REPOSITORIES  November 2006

JISC-REPOSITORIES November 2006

FW: JISC-REPOSITORIES Digest - 27 Oct 2006 to 31 Oct 2006 (#2006-199)

Chris Awre <[log in to unmask]>

Chris Awre <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 1 Nov 2006 00:22:31 +0000

Owen,

Far be it from me to follow suit and recommend a piece of software, but
Fedora (http://www.fedora.info/) can certainly meet the needs of the wide
range of content types you mention.  I have also heard rumours of work in
New Zealand looking at how this might be linked to Moodle, though I don't
have details.

Notwithstanding software options, I found it interesting that the immediate
software.  This seems the wrong way round and I agree that the ARL SPEC kit
helps to redress this issue.  The use cases gathered by Johns Hopkins in
their Technology Analysis of Repositories last year may also be of help by
providing exemplars of how repositories might be used to manage different
types of content - see https://wiki.library.jhu.edu/display/RepoAnalysis for
details.

Regards,

Chris