Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: distance constraints

Rasmus Fogh <[log in to unmask]>

CcpNmr software mailing list <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:03:22 +0000

TEXT/PLAIN

Dear Eiso,

Sounds like we are getting somewhere.

Three points:

1) It sounds like using minimum distance instead of r-6 average might
make sense. We could then get rid of the latter, unless somebody wants
it.

Comments, anyone?

2) As you say, r-6 sum is really an NOE intensity translated into a funny
unit. It is the right thing for NOE violation analysis and restrained
dynamics. For anything where you think in terms of actual distances (that
includes getting a feel for what is going on with your restraints), you
(also) need something else.

3) The more sophisticated proposals at the end are worth looking at. What
happens (and when) would depend on exactly how easy it is to identify the
various cases, and on how much time we have in our schedule. The only
potential problem is that it would be a bit hard for the average user to
figure out exactly what was going on.

Yours,

Rasmus

Dr. Rasmus H. Fogh                  Email: [log in to unmask]
Dept. of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge,
80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1GA, UK.     FAX (01223)766002