Help for BRITARCH Archives

BRITARCH Archives

BRITARCH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

BRITARCH Home

BRITARCH  September 2006

BRITARCH September 2006

Re: Friday competition [was Dimini reference]

EUAN MACKIE <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 21 Sep 2006 22:52:44 +0100

Dear Paul,
  What an intriguing story.  I am impressed that the
Poles are still concerned to take credit for something
Childe said all those years ago, even though it was a
fundamental advance in archaeological thinking.
  If I had the time and motivation I'd like to unravel
his Marxist theorising though doubtless someone has
already done it.   I am always amazed when I look at
Scotland before the Scots ( I think it was) and see
how dogmatic he was in applying social theory to
archaeological evidence.
  Best wishes for your quest.  Euan.