FRIENDSOFWISDOM July 2006

POSTSCIENTISM AND 2+2=5

Pentcho Valev <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 28 Jul 2006 09:10:58 -0700

In a sense, Einstein's theory is Newton's theory where
a true premise - the speed of light does depend on the
speed of the light source - has been temporarily
replaced with its negation - the speed of light is
independent of the speed of the source - which is
false. It is as if I had appropriated someone else's
mathematical system where my only contribution was to
replace 2+2=4 with 2+2=5, thereby extracting profit
from miracles that follow (for instance, my premise
2+2=5 would allow me to "prove" that, in some cases,
a(b+b )>(ab+ab)). As far as the ideological situation
is concerned, George Orwell's description is perfect:

"In the end the Party would announce that two and two
made five, and you would have to believe it. It was
inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or
later: the logic of their position demanded it. Not
merely the validity of experience, but the very
existence of external reality, was tacitly denied by
their philosophy. The heresy of heresies was common
sense. And what was terrifying was not that they would
kill you for thinking otherwise, but that they might
be right. For, after all, how do we know that two and
two make four? Or that the force of gravity works? Or
that the past is unchangeable? If both the past and
the external world exist only in the mind, and if the
mind itself is controllable what then?"

In the era of Postscientism the old "Veni, Vidi, Vici"
has been replaced by "Introduce absurdity, Destroy
rationality, Become divinity". Einstein was not the
first activist. The process started in 1850 when
Clausius introduced the absurdity establishing that
the maximal efficiency of heat engines is independent
of "the nature of the substance by means of which the
work is done":

http://web.lemoyne.edu/~giunta/Clausius.html

More about the verification of Einstein's theory can
be seen in the NATURE blog:

http://blogs.nature.com/news/blog/2006/02/testing_times_for_einsteins_th.html

Pentcho Valev