survey to explore how we work together

laurene <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 6 Jul 2006 19:51:39 +1000

Hello folks,

a month or so ago now, I emailed the group suggesting a collaborative
exploration between ACID (a research project that I am a part of) and aacorn.

The main aim of the survey is to explore how we (aacorn) are
experiencing being a part of the network, and also to try and
identify ways for us to be able to work together more.

The ACID project is exploring how people use, and can use, social
software to collaborate and communicate virtually. Aacorn is an
amazing example of a loose network that has come together out of
shared interest and the ACID team would like to see what is possible,
and through that exploration perhaps aid aacorn in developing its
potential this way. There has been a fair bit of work being done
recently by John Churchley and others, and I think that what we are
hoping to do in ACID should help with this.

In order to find out what we do, the attached survey has been
developed and it would be great if people could complete this. It
should take about 20 minutes to do and the results will be
distributed to aacorn members to be used in whatever way may be
useful. It is completely anonymous and as is outlined in the
introduction to the survey, no one, including aacorn without it's
consent, will be identified.

The survey will be open until July 28. All you need to do is go to
the URL, read the introduction and then enter into the survey and all
should be fine.

The survey link is: http://surveys.virtual-communities.net.au/aacorn/

You can find out more about ACID and this project at http://vc.acid.net.au/

If you would like to know more, then please email me. I have attached
the initial proposal that was sent a little while ago to refresh
people's memories.

Thanks in advance for doing this, I think we will find out some
interesting things about ourselves.

Laurene