The island of Cyprus and the organizing committee are pleased to
announce a joint conference to be held from the 30th of October to the
4th of November, 2006 focused on building regional capacity in Cultural
Heritage www.cipa2006.org :
"The e-volution of Information Technology in Cultural Heritage, Where
Hi-Tech Touches the Past: Risks and Challenges for the 21st Century".
A joint event for the exchange and sharing of know-how in the areas of
Cultural Heritage (CH) and Information Technology (IT) focusing on
e-documentation and Computer Graphics:
- The 37th CIPA International Workshop on e-Documentation and
Standardisation in Cultural Heritage (http://cipa.icomos.org )
- The 7th VAST International Symposium on Virtual Reality, Archaeology
and Cultural Heritage.
- The 4th Eurographics Workshop on Graphics and Cultural Heritage
- The 1st Euro-Med Conference on IT in Cultural Heritage.
- EPOCH General Assembly and EPOCH SME meeting
- The 6th RecorDIM Roundtable (http://extranet.getty.edu/recordim/ )
It is the first time that several organizations have decided to join
together in order to create an optimal environment for the discussion
and explanation of new technologies, exchange of modern ideas and in
general to allow the transfer of knowledge between a maximum number of
professionals and academics during one common time period.
We would appreciate it if you would distribute this announcement to any
We hope you find this 2006 joint conference to be of interest and look
forward to seeing you in Cyprus!
For questions or requests for additional information, please visit our
website: www.cipa2006.org or www.vast2006.org
Email: [log in to unmask]